What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to avoid color blindness when working with photoshop

navido

Hey guys..this is my first post :).

So some days ago i was editing a picture in photoshop..a picture i took in my studio..i think i used 20 min or so. I thought the edit was good in terms of contrast and that i had achieved white background.

However..today when i looked at my edit back in photoshop the result was different. The white background was not as white as i thought it would be.

My screen is calibrated with spyder..so the colors are accurate. However what my eyes see after editing a picture in 20 min is different. As mentioned in the beginning when i open a picture i can see the wrongs. But after 20 min of working on i get "blinded" for the colors.

Is this common? Anyone who has faced the same situation and has any tip? Im thinking some method to "reset" the eyes.

Yeah this happens to me a lot when I'm playing around with the colors and the brightness of an image. I usually finish editing, and then look away from my screen and do something else for about 10 minutes and then take a look again. Basically, I just rest my eyes.

Hello and welcome to PSG.

I wouldn't call it color blindness but I know what you talking about. You should always try to preserve the original so you can turn off adjustment layers to see the differences. Constantly go back and forth to avoid getting used to your changes.

It helps to step away from an edit frequently to take a break.

Thanks for sharing thoughts. I will try to do this. Just thought there was a quick way to reset the eyes. Ill try those tips.

Back