What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to change work area color?

RoseM

Hi. Can anyone tell me how to change the color of my work area background in PS 6? I'm hoping I can change it independently of my Windows ME desktop color. Thank you.

Rose

Hi RoseM and welcome to the forum! :) I'm no expert in the area of your question, but it would appear that the PS work area is directly related to your desktop settings. That's my "guess"... and as it's only a "guess", I will let one or more of the more "technically qualified" members reply to you.

In the meantime, look around and enjoy your visit!
:D

I'm not sure about the PS background.

But I do know about the window background. If your doc window is bigger than your canvas, then you will have a background. Pick a colour, Paintbucket tool, hold Shift, and click in the window but outside of the canvas. I use this tip all the time.

Vee the PS canvas does take on the desktop settings in 7... at least with win98. Now, maybe there IS a way around that? We'll see what the 'experts' have to say! :)

Cool tip Stroker! I didn't know that! :perfect:

Hi RoseM and welcome to the board. :perfect:

You will discover that Stroker has the right solution ;)

You are welcome for the thank you you gave for the welcome I haven't yet given out to you! [confused] !
so there it is... WELCOME! :perfect:

Rose, while the Mac doesn't have that issue (Photoshop, or any other program, doesn't dare throw up a "background,"gray or otherwise, behind an application on this side of the street), I can tell you that most Mac-based professional designers don't have wild desktop colors, patterns, etc.What we see in the "background" IS our desktop, which of course we set as we please.

We have total control of the background, at any time. Guess what most of us have our desktop colors set to? Plain old, non-sexy neutral grey B7

Your mileage may vary, and I'm not about to tell you how to best work. But a neutral gray doesn't interfere with with you're working on in Photoshop.

Back