What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to combine a color swatch with a mask to change colors?

mikecox

About a year ago I figured out a way to combine a mask with a color swatch in order to change the color of a selected area in an image then put the project on hold. Now I can't remember how I did it!

The attached image shows my layer with a square to the left of the mask on the right. I can change the color in the box on the left to change the color of the selected area in the mask.

Can someone tell me how to set that up again?

Garage door.jpg

Mike that is a Color Fill Adjustment layer.

You can add this layer using the menu under the half moon icon located at the bottom of the layers panel or going to LAYER > NEW FILL LAYER > SOLID COLOR

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 11.16.09 PM.png

The new Solid Color Fill Adjustment layer will have it's own layer mask to which you can add any selection. In your example it looks like you made a selection of the "Door Selection" and added that to the layer mask.

Great! Thanks so much!

Back