What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create a perfect arc to fit inside inside rectangle, like a rainbow arc

blasteralfred

I have a 150X50 rectangle. I want to draw an arc (a semi circle) inside it, in such a way that it will touch the bottom-left corner, the top side, and the bottom right corner ()just like half of pizza :cool2: . I tried creating a 150x150 circle, cropping it to 150x75 (half) and then resizing it to 150x50. But it don't look perfect. How can I do this?

thanks in advance..

150 width x 50 height? Pixels, inches, or percentage.

I have a 150X50 rectangle. I want to draw an arc (a semi circle) inside it, in such a way that it will touch the bottom-left corner, the top side, and the bottom right corner ()just like half of pizza :cool2: . I tried creating a 150x150 circle, cropping it to 150x75 (half) and then resizing it to 150x50. But it don't look perfect. How can I do this?

thanks in advance..

I can imagine what you're not satisfied with in what you did...

Depending on the stroke size used for both shapes, decrease the arc diameter by a pixel or 2.... 149x149 or 148x148. Then proceed with your crop.

Or if you have snap enabled, drag and snap the arc into place and proceed with the crop.

Hope this helps.

thanks in advance..

If its the pixelated look you're not satisfied with, start with an ellipse of 150x100 before cropping. Resizing will make it look blurry.

What resolution is the 150x50 image? At 72 dpi, the arc will look fuzzy when zoomed in to view. Is this what you mean when you said "not perfect" in your first post?

arc.jpg

If your using a selection to create the arc stroke, apply stroke within the arc..... my example has an applied stoke in center of selection.

You are trying to do the impossible....

By definition a semi-circle is always twice as wide as it is high.
Your image is three times wider....150x50 = 3:1

Either you change the image dimensions to 2:1, (say 100x50 or 150x75) OR you go with dv8_fx's answer....which fits perfectly but isn't, and never can be, a semi-circle.

Regards.
MrTom.

Back