What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create attractive embossed text for business card?

smyl13

Hi PS Gurus

I am not new with Photoshop but I have been using Photoshop CS2 for editing my photos but not very comfortable with creating designs.

I am trying to create my business card and I was trying to have card with embossed text like attached sample card (first image). But don't know how can I make it look that good and clean. My embossed text doesn't come close to what they have. Doesn't feel that attractive.

Is it possible using Photoshop CS 2 to create something like the sample card? If so, can someone give me exact steps to do so please.

Sample Card:
sample.png

My Card design:
mycard.jpg

hawkeye

Guru
Using bevel-emboss and inner shadow is what you'll need. For the sunken text helps to cut out the background around the letters and give that layer a bevel-emboss to get the white edges. There are no exact settings, it takes some experimentation to get it right.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 16