What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to create bullets in PS 7?

Rhino1616

Hi,

I using PS 7, and Im typing a paragraph within a text box Ive created, and Im not to sure on the formatting features of PS 7. How can i create (paragraph) bullets?

Thanks.

I have to go by memory here as I don't have ps open but look under layer go down the list and find type there you can convert into paragraphs ...... then on another layer you will have to use a brush size 5 and "paint" in the bullets ....... at least this is the only way that I know :D
sfm

I believe you can create text bullets in PS. I don't know what it is in Windows (Some combination of Alt + 4 numbers). On the Mac, it's Opt-8.

If there is a way to do this in Windows, I'd sure like to know! ;) What I do is copy & paste from the "character map"! :)

yeah Wendy or copy and paste from word........ I will have to have a proper look for you and see if I can find the answer...... I won't be back on this board until tomorrow again - sorry, just too much work to log in often ;\
sfm

Hey Sue... I discovered that you can't "C+P" bullets from Word into PS! [confused]

But I'd seriously love to know that 'shortcut' (combination of Alt+4 numbers) that Julie speaks of! :D

Found it!

To create a bullet in Windows: ALT+0149

Mac (again) Opt-8

hmmmmmmm sure I have copied it from some where into there..... wonder if it was from my html you know when I doing pages or was it an email ;\ dah silly me can't remember......... you know what time to get the book out........

hey Julie you are right ha ha ha well done but what a short cut he he he
still it is better than what the book says...........
Bulleted list was set using a left indent of 12pts (and then it has a paragraph that is bulleted above this) and really that is all it says about it :\
sfm

Julie's correct you guys...

Just hold down the ALT key and on the numbpad kayes type 0149.

You can do this for ANY character in the unicode fontset. Study your charactermap to learn/memorize your favorites. :)

HINT: For anyone caring to know... this is how we html coders input these 'special characters' into a Webpage -- by using their unicode numbers. But we leaver off the 0 (zero). That ensures that people see the correct character even if they are in a different country. These numbers are universal, but keyboard layouts are not.

There are 2 specific TAGS in the header of every Webpage that tell the user's browser what characterset the page is using. And how to handle special characters should it find any contained in the page.

Just thought i'd share that bit'o'info. :)

:D Ha! So my answer came in on the very day that I left for 'vacation'! B7
Julie, thanks so much for sharing that Windows "0149" shortcut! I shall remember that one for future use... or shall I? [confused]

I know what you mean, Wendy! Opt-8 is so much easier to remember! :D

Here is another example of an ALT+xxx combination;

if you want the ? symbol, type ALT + 0169 (make sure that Num Lock is on)

;) Welcome back G-Man!!!!!! Good to see you back! :D :D :D Rumour has it that you were missed over these past couple of weeks... :\

Cool... 0149 for bullets... 0169 for "copyright"... [confused] duh... there really ought to be a better way? It still "boggles my mind" as to why we can't copy & paste from the Windows character map????? [confused]

Wendy... you CAN C&P from the character map. Of course you can... but it's still quicler to memorize your fav quick-keys i think. But i use them in html all the time so i already know most of them. ;)
So i guess that's easier for me to say than others to do. ;\

Mark: Wendy... you CAN C&P from the character map. Of course you can...
[confused] duh, Mark, I do know that... it's the way that I always do it... [confused] I mean't to say that I still don't understand why you can't C+P straight from 'word' to PS and have all the fancy characters/bullets go along for the ride... [shhh] senility must be setting in!

There are tools that can convert a Word page to an image.
You will not have text that's editable, but I've met some people in the past who had some good use for it.

Gauss: There are tools that can convert a Word page to an image.
You will not have text that's editable, but I've met some people in the past who had some good use for it.

I would definitely be interested, Gauss, in knowing about these tools. :) I do all of my 'copy writing' in Word and don't mind (in the least) the fact that once I c+p into PS that I would lose my editing ability. I simply would *love* to be able to c+p into PS and not lose my Word formatting!

Back