What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator How to extend the background on this vector image?

Squishy435

I have a vector image of a business card and in order for me to send it to the printers, I need to extend the background on the photo a little more for sizing requirements. I have the original background of the photo, but I had someone recreate this business card and now the original background that I sent him is not the same shade as it used to be.

I'm very confused about all of this. I'm hoping someone can help me! I have attached the business card (vector image) and the original background.

Attachments

• business_card1.ai
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • Grunge Background.jpg
    Grunge Background.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 3

Hoogle

Guru
go to image > canvas size and increase it by the desired amount in my example I have done it by 200%
Unlock the background layer by double clickking it
then go to
Edit > content aware scaling
whilst holding down the shift key and the alt key drag a corner out to the edge of the canvas this will enlarge it proportionally and from the center of the image

and this is what you get beware you will have to click the image 3 times to show it at full size.

Grunge Background.png

Hoogle

Guru
However if you do it then do it in the size you want to keep the texture the same if you loose to much texture then you may have to clone it or explore other options.