What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to fit drawning on semi-realistic background?

anittahoar

Greetings. I'm kinda new to photoshop so its hard for me to do some advance stuff.
I have underwater background and i want to fit some kind of monster (it should be like shadow silouette on background. Here is schematic example. Other lines for texturing 3d object, don't mind them). How to blend it better on background and make it a bit more realistic?
561564489.JPG

Hello and welcome.

Please try and explain better as to what it is you're asking about. Do you have another example of the type of effect you are going for?

Hi @anittahoar
I agree wtih @IamSam that without better communication and starring images it makes it pretty tough for forum members to help you out.
Also, you image is extremely dark so maybe you monitor is turned up quite bright. When using a calibrated monitor with the brightness at 120 cd/m^2 you can hardly see a thing in your image.

I took a big guess at what you were looking for and created a similar background from yours, extracted the "scary" monster, put the monstor on another Layer and then just reduced the opacity of that Layer. Overall with sightly higher brightness so you can see it in the shadows a bit.
Not clue if this is the effeect what you want so please provide more details.
Hope this helps a bit yet I have not idea if it will.
John Wheeler

Shadowey-Monstor.jpg

Back