What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to free transform an object pixel by pixel

lou117

Hi,

Is there a way to transform an object pixel by pixel?
I don't want to add precise pixel dimensions but I would like to do it with arrows if possible.
If i need to move an object very precisely I can do that by using arrows while having selected a move tool.

I still use CS4 but it might work even from newer version.
thanks

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You can move any layer using the Move Tool and the directional arrows. So.............if the object is on it's own layer, it can be moved in precise 1 pixel increments.

You need to define/explain what you mean by an object.

lou117

I draw a rectangle that is 125 pixels wide with a rectangle tool.
Now I want to change its width to 123 pixels.
I would press ctrl+T.
I start resizing it using a mouse.
The increments of the transform option using a mouse are around 10 pixels . So it goes from 125 to 115 pixels.
I can zoom in , and this way I can transform that rectangle with a better accuracy.
So my question is: " Can I transform my rectangle by using keyboard arrows, pixel by pixel without zooming in the same way you can move around a layer using keyboard pixel by pixel.
thanks

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
When using the Rectangle Tool, the correct way to change the width or height of the rectangle is by entering the dimensions in the "set shape width" or "set shape height". This should be in the Rectangle Tools properties panel.
Original dimensions...
Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 7.53.59 AM.png

Changed...
Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 7.54.25 AM.png

You cant resize a shape (rectangle) using the directional arrows. If you use the directional arrows after entering free transform, you will only move the entire rectangle.

You can also use the mouse by zooming in to the edge of the rectangle as close as you can, then use the mouse to click and drag the bounding box. You can drag in one pixel increments.
Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 7.56.26 AM.png