What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to i make this pasted photo look natural in another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davelollol

This is my image, please have a look at it before hand. Nightlight forum.png

What i want to do with this photo: I am completing a project for my ART assignment and i was given a theme. Nightlights. What i had on mind was to have a bright blue moon reflecting its light on jungles and accompanied by a dark medieval looking castle.

What i need help with: How can i make this tree look natural in this photo and to reflect the light of the moon ? Or should i use other tree images? What should i add? How do i put in a ground/foundation for the trees? or should i not? If yes, how do i make the ground reflect the colour of the moon too.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sure.

Take a look at this image search: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...16.0....0...1.1.64.img..1.16.1075.BUmb8_4Zxt4

What do you notice about all of the trees? In most images where the moon back lights objects closer to the foreground, they are mostly dark and shadowy. The moons reflected light would be on the backs of the trees mostly. You might have a slight outer glow but that would be about it. They would be dark shadows.

Thanks! But i am struggling to make the trees or anything fit in the background, to make it seem like its natural or it belongs in there. How can i change that? Once again, thank you so much!
There are two ways to interpret this. Technically, the moon and sky will always be the background, anything else would be either midground or foreground. This also depends on how you want the scene to appear. The lower the moon is to the horizon line, the more it will cause back lighting. The higher the moon is in the sky (above the horizon line) the more the reflected moonlight will show on the tops of midground and foreground objects.

You keep mentioning trees, I only see one.

There are two ways to interpret this. Technically, the moon and sky will always be the background, anything else would be either midground or foreground. This also depends on how you want the scene to appear. The lower the moon is to the horizon line, the more it will cause back lighting. The higher the moon is in the sky (above the horizon line) the more the reflected moonlight will show on the tops of midground and foreground objects.

You keep mentioning trees, I only see one.

I added one tree to try and see if i can make it fit into the picture, the pictures you showed me all seems to have coloured their trees greyish black in relation to the moonlight, i was afraid to add more trees as i do not know where and what i should lay as the foundation for the trees.

OK, give me minute or two in order to throw something together.

OK, this is a quick overview. I don't know how experienced you are with Photoshop, so this is basic.

Start with a gradient.
Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 9.18.30 PM.png

On a new layer, add the stars with the Brush Tool.
Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 9.18.42 PM.png

On a new layer add the Moon.
Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 9.18.52 PM.png

On a new layer add the trees.
Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 9.19.08 PM.png

Set the trees layer.....layers blend mode to overlay.
Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 9.19.20 PM.png

Add a Curves adjustment layer, clip it to the trees layer and darken the trees.
Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 9.19.31 PM.png

After this we would then add some highlights to the trees.

OK, this is a quick overview. I don't know how experienced you are with Photoshop, so this is basic.

Start with a gradient.
View attachment 61440

On a new layer, add the stars with the Brush Tool.
View attachment 61441

On a new layer add the Moon.
View attachment 61442

On a new layer add the trees.
View attachment 61443

Set the trees layer.....layers blend mode to overlay.
View attachment 61444

Add a Curves adjustment layer, clip it to the trees layer and darken the trees.
View attachment 61445

After this we would then add some highlights to the trees.

That is exactly what i have been looking for!! But i wanted the trees to be closer and less ground exposed so that i can add a hill behind the trees with a castle. How do you change the color of the grass ? And as for my experience, i have none. Thanks!

That is exactly what i have been looking for!! But i wanted the trees to be closer and less ground exposed so that i can add a hill behind the trees with a castle.

Use the Move Tool to lower the tree layer closer to the bottom of the canvas.
To move them closer to the foreground, use Free Transform.

On the Castle on the hill image, I did have to remove the sky.
I then added it to the working document and placed it on a layer just below the tree layer........which places it behind the trees.
Also notice that I moved the tree layer down with the Move Tool.
Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 10.33.19 PM.png

I then set the castle's layer blend mode to hard light.
Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 10.33.42 PM.png

Mind you, there are many different ways to do this............I'm trying my best to make this a simple as I can.
I'm also doing a fairly crappy job so I can get it done fast fro demo.

On the Castle on the hill image, I did have to remove the sky.
I then added it to the working document and placed it on a layer just below the tree layer........which places it behind the trees.
Also notice that I moved the tree layer down with the Move Tool.
View attachment 61446

I then set the castle's layer blend mode to hard light.
View attachment 61447

Mind you, there are many different ways to do this............I'm trying my best to make this a simple as I can.
I'm also doing a fairly crappy job so I can get it done fast fro demo.

Its not crappy to me, it's amazing!

My question was how do you change the colour of trees, castles or even grass from their original colour and saturation and to make it look compatible with the surroundings. Like what you did with the trees.

And which brush tool and color you used to make all those stars.. I am sorry, i am really very bad in this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back