What's new

How to Install these fonts?

I only know one way to install fonts: c:/windows/fonts

But recently I dl some free fonts from autofx.com. I couldn't install, so autofix was kind enough to send me the fonts by email and I still can't figure out how to install. [doh]

Fonts are gif and came in .exe format. Looks like they are supposed to "self" install for PC but for me, they won't . [doh]

Anyone have experience with this? Incidentally they are beautiful, unique, free fonts (nice variety too) if anyone is interested --worth the trouble, IMHO.

Joy

Erik

Guru
I bought two plugins from AutoFX's Dreamsuite and had nothing but trouble installing them. Imo they can make perhaps good plugins but for the rest they are a real nuisance.
A font is NEVER a gif!!! It can be a TrueType, a Type 1 (2,3) or an OpenType. You can't install anything else as a font.

Eric

Eric
-thanks for the response. They say these are TrueType but They don't look like TT or act like TT plus I noticed sometimes they refer to them as "gifs" so I'm really confused.

I'm experimenting with autofx demo Suite 1 right now. Many of their techniques can be easily duplicated in PS so I don't know if I'll purchase it especially after you've had problems :( .

Thanks again,
Joy

Erik

Guru
I bought the Liquidmetal and another (I didn't install any plugins in PS7 as for yet, and I don't even miss them). First there was a font problem, then something else I don't remember. In fact: I had to install the complete suite but without the "active" plugins except for the two I bought.
What's more: it is extremely slow and with every move you make, every slider you touch, it restarts calculating. A real nuisance. My idea of course.
In my opinion the really good plugins are Kai's Powertools5 (and3 for fun hahaa, but 3 doesn't work fine in PS7) and Flaming Pear's SuperBlade Pro.
If you're interested: ComputerArts Special gives a dreamplugin called dreamy photo for free with their Issue34 (on Photoshop).