What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Install these fonts?

I only know one way to install fonts: c:/windows/fonts

But recently I dl some free fonts from autofx.com. I couldn't install, so autofix was kind enough to send me the fonts by email and I still can't figure out how to install. [doh]

Fonts are gif and came in .exe format. Looks like they are supposed to "self" install for PC but for me, they won't . [doh]

Anyone have experience with this? Incidentally they are beautiful, unique, free fonts (nice variety too) if anyone is interested --worth the trouble, IMHO.

Joy

Erik

Guru
I bought two plugins from AutoFX's Dreamsuite and had nothing but trouble installing them. Imo they can make perhaps good plugins but for the rest they are a real nuisance.
A font is NEVER a gif!!! It can be a TrueType, a Type 1 (2,3) or an OpenType. You can't install anything else as a font.

Eric

Eric
-thanks for the response. They say these are TrueType but They don't look like TT or act like TT plus I noticed sometimes they refer to them as "gifs" so I'm really confused.

I'm experimenting with autofx demo Suite 1 right now. Many of their techniques can be easily duplicated in PS so I don't know if I'll purchase it especially after you've had problems :( .

Thanks again,
Joy

Erik

Guru
I bought the Liquidmetal and another (I didn't install any plugins in PS7 as for yet, and I don't even miss them). First there was a font problem, then something else I don't remember. In fact: I had to install the complete suite but without the "active" plugins except for the two I bought.
What's more: it is extremely slow and with every move you make, every slider you touch, it restarts calculating. A real nuisance. My idea of course.
In my opinion the really good plugins are Kai's Powertools5 (and3 for fun hahaa, but 3 doesn't work fine in PS7) and Flaming Pear's SuperBlade Pro.
If you're interested: ComputerArts Special gives a dreamplugin called dreamy photo for free with their Issue34 (on Photoshop).