What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific How to keep same effect when converting 32 bits TIF to 8 bits PNG?

super_ilad

Hi , I have a TIF image which is 32 bits like this , i want to convert it to 8 bits PNG formation for further usage

large?v=1.png

However , when i convert it to 8 bits , it turn out like this , it has a darker shadow effect

large?v=1.png

i know this kind of conversion will change the image effect ,but is there any way to keep same effect though with bits conversion?

Thanks if you have any ideas !

Hi super_ilad
For forum members to best give you suggestions there are a few clarifications that would help
1) Are you referring to converting to 8 bit per color channel and saving to the PNG-24 format or actually saving in the PNG-8 format (which has a color table)?
2) Which command are you using to save to PNG. e.g. Save As or Save for Web etc and what are the optional settings if any
3) Are you editing in sRGB color space as well as saving to PNG in sRGB color space? Are you changing color spaces going during the conversion?

If you don't know about the answer on #3, could you upload or attach or link your images so forum members could give the specific files in question a better look.

Just my quick suggestions
John Wheler

Back