What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to load shapes into Photoshop?

Bubbles3

I'm trying to load vector shapes into Photoshop CS6 Extended and it's not working. I used this tutorial
"I
nstalling & Using Photoshop Custom Shapes"from the website ObsidianDawn, which I can't link in any way, shape, or form. I also used the unzip tutorial linked on the same page. I followed everything exactly, except I didn't know how to choose my own ZIP extraction software - once I downloaed the zip file, I opened it by clicking on it and it opened in the software WINRAR. I used that to extract the file to the Custom Shapes folder. Extracting the .zip file should change it to a .csh file, right? Because when I try to load the new shapes into Photoshop (after closing and re-opening like the tutorial says), it shows that the Custom Shapes file is empty, as if the shapes set isn't there, or as if it isn't the right format. Which I don't get, because I extracted it. Can anyone help please? I've tried doing the same thing 4 or 5 times and it just won't work.

I normally just double click any custom shapes or brushes and they open in CS6 no problems. I didn't have much luck just dropping them into a folder within the root directory of Photoshop.

Try double clicking them once they have been extracted by winrar.

Last edited:

Back