What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make a dotted line?

XmisterIS

Hi all,

I am using CS4 on Windows XP.

I am getting super-frustrated by this painfully simple task!

All I want is a dotted line.

I have done numerous google searches and they all tell me to select a brush and then modify the spacing of the brush.

That makes perfect sense, I can see how it works, but what is frustrating me to the point of wanting to smash the computer is that I can't seem to find where to change the spacing on a brush! The tutorials say, "CTRL + click on the brush" ... but it doesn't matter how much I hammer the mouse button while screaming obscenities at the computer, it just does nothing.

I've tried another method too - select brush, then go window -> brushes. Make sure expanded view is turned on ... but there's no spacing slider! No way to alter the spacing that I can see.

I just can't get hold of that all-important, super-crucial thing ... the spacing control.

Seems I'm so near yet so far ...

Help, please!!

Last edited:

XmisterIS

Hey! You fixed it for me! Fantastic! I knew I was probably only one mouse-click away from fixing it; it is soooo frustrating when that happens!!