What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make a flyer?

Burned Ice

Power User
Well in a club i am in we need to make flyers for an event happening in september and we don't want to pay for it, so i am the ideal solution for it :) but what program should i use? shall photoshop do it just fine? or is there another cs program that will be better and does someone have helpfull tutorials/tips and tricks about making a flyer looking attractive and inviting?

with kind regards
Burned Ice

There is always Microsoft Publisher lol

actually if you are stuck for ideas you can either
a) pay me an overpriced amount to do it
b) post it as a competition on here
c) Let me google that for you always a good option

btw thanks guys, i'm working on the logo and i'm gonna publish the outcome here (of course with watermark) so you can 'judge' it :D

a flyer for an event specific to you I am sure you dont really need to water mark it

Just one thing .... if you want really good print quality, keep the document res within 200 - 300 ppi.

And agree with $1r_M4x1mu$ - you won't need anything else than Photoshop. Besides pixel images and text you can also import vector graphics ( AI, EPS etc ) and use them if you want. No prob !!

i want to have the same effect as that pic of hoogle with the clipping mask and "Paris", but i'm stuck with it :( does someone know how to do this?

I Know how to do it lol
step 1 create your background
step 2 apply a text layer in a nice bold font
step 3 add a top layer of the image you want to appear through text
step 4 with the top layer selected the image you want through your text go to
layer>create clipping mask
View attachment 5115
and if you have it like this on a noisey background you want to apply a stroke and an outer glow to the text layer under blending options

My flyer is made :) i'll upload it here but can someone tell me how to render my image? also there exist more than 1 version of it (background change, smoke from rocket change and stroke around letter change...)

flyerquasar2eversie.jpg

Flyer quasar.jpg

Flyer quasar3.jpg

So those were the pic's the language is dutch so if you want i'll translate it, but you can do it yourself, VU stands for 'verantwoordelijke uitgever' and that's equal to the person who is responsible for the flyer, happily that's not me :)

Notice the stroke change on 'jeugdcursus sterrenkunde' in the 3rd pic :D say if you like it :D

I find it very difficult to read colored letters just an fyi on that

I'd go with no 3. The clipping path text is easier to read.
... and even I understand "Gratis inkom"... :)

ok so no collored letters, what do you guys thinks about the rocket?
PS: everything you see on the flyer is by quasar, nothing is taken without buying copyright as there is no need to :)

EDIT:
flyerquasar4.jpg

Last edited:
definately getting better you will need to get that printed professionally as your colour scheme will just bleed into each other if you do it at home if you get my point. also are your dimensions to a template set by printing company

hahaha dude, if i make flyers i'm not gonna do this on normal paper, who would be 'that' stupid :D a guy from quasar is actually the son of a printing company director so that problem is solved, the size (i guess that's what you ment with dimensions) is taken from a previous flyer

actually you could do that on normal paper easily just make the background transparant and use coloured paper

Back