What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make a specific effect?

AkiraSieghart

Hello everyone. I'm relatively new here and I war just wondering something. I found this background a while ago and I always wanted to make an effect as close as possible to the mist/energy/fire around the sphere. Can anyone help me out?

1130309011735.jpg

Last edited:
I would tell you to use the smudge tool in photoshop...create a layer of maybe like clouds or something, shape it up and then smudge it. would prolly work great with a tablet

yeah, and for the glowy effect they probably used the layer mode 'screen'. (the drop-down menu in your layers tab that says 'normal' by default). I would have at least three layers. 1: the base image that you smudged, with the layer mode set to 'normal' 2: a copy of the smudged image over itself, with the layer mode set to 'screen' 3: a copy of smudged layer with a gaussian blur applied to it, layer mode set to 'screen'.

Back