What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make a white color blend with background produce another required color

blasteralfred

Hi, I am a beginner in PS. I have an outer box holding two child boxes, box1 and box2 (3 layers).

sample.jpg

Box 1 is white in color. The outer (parent) box is #180054 and box2 is #3E1B9D. I want to change box 1 to look like box 2. Possible settings used can be, layer opacity, layer fill, and layer color overlay. Color overlay is important. The colors may be either Black #000000 or White #FFFFFF or shades between them, like gray #CCCCCC. No other colors (i mean red, blue, yellow etc) may be used for overlay.

How can I do this?
Thanks in advance... :)

ibclare

Queen Bee
Is this a homework assignment you are supposed to think through and then come up with a solution -- based on your level of learning? If you are in a class, your teacher probably knows that you have the information you need to solve this problem.

blasteralfred

Hi @ibclare, I like your reply :)
Yes of course I am a student, but with no teacher. I am a beginner, a self learner in PS. I use to practice with PhotoShop by my own, and I make of tutorials and forums available online (like photoshopgurus). The image was created by me myself, and the requirement was to create semi transparent images (layers), so that it produce beautiful single base-colored images, when they are kept above a solid color layer. That means, if there is a blue background, we get an image, and with red background, we get another image which looks same, differs only in color. Below are 2 images. But I would like to know if it possible to produce some exact (required) color using opacity, fill, level settings etc, just with only b/w colored shape layers.

image.png 2.png