What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make notebook paper

dochappy

This is my way to make notebook paper.. I thought I'd share with everyone. All the talented people on the board could probably improve this greatly.. but I'm just starting to explore this.. after I stumpled over early while making parchment..

How to create notebook paper:

Start out first by setting your foreground color to:
#D3CECE and your background color to #B1B1B1..
Now run the cloud filter twice on a new layer.
Duplicate that layer. Now run the difference clouds twice on the new duplicated layer. Now motion blur both cloud layers to your liking.. Now apply the texturizer filter to the duplicated cloud layer. The settings I used are -Canvas , 54 - 1 - left. Repepat the texturizer filter as desired I did it about 4 times.. Now set the blending mode to overlay and change the opacity to your liking I set mine to 80%...

Now select the single row marquee tool and and select a portion of the document. Now creat a new layer..... and stroke the selection by 3 pixels on the outside in black. Now just duplicate this layer and align to make the lines of the paper. no go to image -adjust - Hue and saturation and set it to make the lines any color you want. I made mine with these settings 216 , 53, +70...

Now use the single column marquee tool and select the part of the document you want as the margin. and on the new layer stroke this select with the same stroke settings used before..

Noe use hue and saturation to change the margin line to any color you want I used 360 , 100 , +77....

here is what my final looked like with text added.. the lines aren't spaced correctly but thats a point i'm still working on.. Enjoy

Very cool! I will have to give this a shot as I actually needed something like this for a project! Thanks for sharing!:perfect:

Great, dochappy, your first tutorial on PSG :perfect:
Thanks for your contribution. :)

well done dochappy I will give your tute a whirl later :D
sfm

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Nice job Sfm.! I've reworking the tutorial and adding more detail.. I'll post the revised technique when I'm done.

My sample

I always got good grades. Except in grammer. :rofl:

Back