What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make pictures look like this?

visi

Aut.JPG I want to make pictures look like this. Does anyone know how I can make pictures look like this?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Is this what you had in mind?

Untitled-1.jpg

- Apply black&white adjustment layer (or desaturate in another way)
- Apply Posterize adjustment layer (depending on the image you'll need to experiment with the slider)
- Add new layer, filled with 50 % grey in Multiply blend mode

visi

Is this what you had in mind?

View attachment 93507

- Apply black&white adjustment layer (or desaturate in another way)
- Apply Posterize adjustment layer (depending on the image you'll need to experiment with the slider)
- Add new layer, filled with 50 % grey in Multiply blend mode
Thanks, Yes something like that. But I want it to be darker like in my picture. And more faded. How can i do that? is it possible ? I don´t understand these thing very well :)

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Since the outcome will be a bit trial and error you should first turn the image into a smart object enabling to alter the applied filters.
Of course all depends on the image itself.
- Desaturate the image.
- Apply Gaussian Blur. (in this case 15 px)
- Add Posterize Adjustment layer (level 3)
- If you want the image brighter/darker add a Brightness/contrast adjustment layer and change at will.

posterize.jpg