What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to make sure the sreen pic shows what you print

Michael1980

Hi again, I have been making my own calendar and after printing on my hp printer (I like hp, its just a information you might have to know which type of printer it is) and realized that many of the pictures don't looke nearly the same as on my screen. typically it is the dark areas there seems darker and a winter photo that are a bit to the blue side, suddenly seem more dark and blue. I will include some pics for you to see. I hope you can tell me how I can ensure the screen almost shows the real image. As wrote I printed on a hp printer and uses glossy photo paper and chooses that option under printer managementdark areas.jpgfebruar.jpgmarts dark areas.jpg

Hi, Nice pictures ^^.

One important thing is having the monitor well calibrated, the other thing is working and save the image in cmyk mode (print).

Cheers!

I did choose cmyk. And dont now how to calibrate my laptop. Can i do it my Self. I only make a little photoshop work primarily with my calender and only for my Self

The better way to calibrate a monitor is using a hardware calibrating tool like spider, xrite, etc..
The normal laptob usually have not good monitors and have the brightness too high, thats why you see it right on you monitor but not in the print.
Try to adjust the brightness on windows or if you want put the images on the forum so me or other people with calibrated monitors can do the adjustments for you.

Cheers!

Back