What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make the line tool like the Pencil...

vejito

Now this may be a first (where I want something that paint does but in photoshop), but in Paint when you use the line tool, it actually draws a line without any fade effect. Here is a screenshot of a black picture zoomed up where you can see the individual pixels: (I'm trying to get 1 px lines.)

example.PNG

Now using the Pencil, I can get results like I want like from paint, but when using the line tool it seems to add in some fade effects. I thought maybe if I use the brush tool and set the hardness to 100% it may help, but it didn't make a difference.

So I was wondering if I can somehow get the results like the Pencil but from the line tool...? I need to make straight TRUE 1 px lines.

Thanks in advance for any help... :)

Last edited:
LoL...good one. Tooked few minutes to find that.
Looks like shape and path will not go no anti-alias but there is third tool.
Here you go:
line.jpg

Welcomen! I hardly find it myself cause i don't remember that "Fill pixels" in CS3.

when selecting the line tool with these settings
line.JPG
the anti aliasing at the end will automatically feather the pixels so untick that and when drawing a line do it on a new layer and hold shift key for a perfect 1 pixel line

SeniorS, That is cool. Something I didn't know about either. Now, I need help because I can't get out of this shape I stumbled across. I clicked on the button over to the left of the fill pixels button, "shape layers," and now I can't get back to a straight line, even though the line tool is still selected.

I think i know what you mean. I've got same problem playing with it :)
Maybe you have to do this:
resettool.jpg

Hoogleman happens mate.
I don't think there is something to worry about. It isn't competition even it sometimes sure feels like :)

Back