What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make this effect

jos3k2

Hello.
Could you please let me know how to simulate this letters effect?
Black-White-Logo-011.jpg
I mean how to make the white border more notorious and also like the shadow it has too.
Thanks so much.

Babine

Guru
Like this? If so, add your text layer, select all and save the selection to an alpha channel. Deselect this text layer and add a dark drop shadow (distance and opacity to suit). Merge down. Activate the saved selection alpha channel (original text) and copy the text to a new layer over-top. Now add a second drop shadow, white in colour in this case and adjust the distance to suit. Text.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Here's another option that's almost an exact match to your sample...........with the exception of the font.

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 12.09.20 AM.png

This is two text layers, one black and one white. Black layer on top of white layer.

There's nothing special about the black text layer other than it was positioned high and to the left to the white text layer.

The white text layer has a layer style with the following settings........
Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 12.12.28 AM.png

I also lowered the white text layers opacity to 62%.

I then blurred the white text layer to 2.5

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 12.15.49 AM.png

polarwoc

Guru
This is my output...
1.png
...and this is how I achieved it:
1) Open a new document.
2) Make a new layer and give it solid White background.
3) Choose a font like "Adobe Garamond Pro" and type your text with desired font size.
4) Double Click on the text layer to bring up Layer Style options.
5) Tick on the "Outer Glow" to get the White Outline. Note that this outline is on all sides of the text. It merges with the background on the top and left, hence white background does not show it. Choose a small size like 4 Pixels. Rest of the options you can change to suit.
2.png
6) Then, tick "Drop Shadow". Since the lighting seems to be coming from top left, choose 145 as angle. Choose Distance to be small like 2 pixels and size to be 4 pixels. You can change other settings to suit.
3.png

Show us your result.