Like this? If so, add your text layer, select all and save the selection to an alpha channel. Deselect this text layer and add a dark drop shadow (distance and opacity to suit). Merge down. Activate the saved selection alpha channel (original text) and copy the text to a new layer over-top. Now add a second drop shadow, white in colour in this case and adjust the distance to suit.
This is my output...
...and this is how I achieved it:
1) Open a new document.
2) Make a new layer and give it solid White background.
3) Choose a font like "Adobe Garamond Pro" and type your text with desired font size.
4) Double Click on the text layer to bring up Layer Style options.
5) Tick on the "Outer Glow" to get the White Outline. Note that this outline is on all sides of the text. It merges with the background on the top and left, hence white background does not show it. Choose a small size like 4 Pixels. Rest of the options you can change to suit.
6) Then, tick "Drop Shadow". Since the lighting seems to be coming from top left, choose 145 as angle. Choose Distance to be small like 2 pixels and size to be 4 pixels. You can change other settings to suit.