What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to move layers in CC 2018

Arya Montini

Hi, I need help with the layers in the new CC 2018. I'll try to be the most accurate I can. Imagine you have 2 layers with the same dimension. If I select the layer below and I try to move it, automatically the program select the layer above and move that one. I solved that problem locking the layer above or hiding it, but it's impractical! In the old versions of Photoshop, this never happened. Can you please help me? Thank you!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Make the lowest layer active (left click once).
Then again left click and HOLD. Drag the layer towards the top (or where you want it).

Arya Montini

Make the lowest layer active (left click once).
Then again left click and HOLD. Drag the layer towards the top (or where you want it).

I'm sorry it's not what I mean. I would like to move the image, not the layer. I select the layer to move the image that is below, but it moves the image that is above, because the program select by itself the layer above.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please post a screen shot of your Ps.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Select the layer by left click once.
Press ctrl + T to transform.
The image to move will be boxed.
Press and hold ctrl and use the cursor to move the image.

Arya Montini

Select the layer by left click once.
Press ctrl + T to transform.
The image to move will be boxed.
Press and hold ctrl and use the cursor to move the image.

Thank you Eggy, using transform it works well. It's more practical!

Arya Montini

Please post a screen shot of your Ps.

You can see in the images below that The white layer is selected. I click and drag to move it, but the program select by itself the blue layer and move that one... You can see in the history that I didn't select anything else, I just move the layer... It very strange, because I can't move the layer below if I don't lock or hide the layers above it...

1.JPG2.JPG

Arya Montini

I solved the problem! There was an option selected. This one! If someone has the same problem, this is the answer! Just deselect the "Auto-Select"Cattura.JPG