What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remove haze around the image?

zoe20

Power User
How to remove haze around the image?

i used channels method to remove a green background from a image everything good.But i see some green haze around the image when i used it on a white background.How to fix it please? any suggestions or tutorials are really helpful from Gurus

cheers

View attachment w33.psd

w33.png

Last edited:
You could try using the magic wand tool, or you could probably use the pen tool to select around and then delete it. I did this using the magic wand tool with 40 tolerance then I used refine edge to make the outline a bit smoother-
mPCdQYR.png

Attachments

• fGsfxcK.png
    fGsfxcK.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
You could also try 'Defringe'.

[With NO selection]:
Layers > Matting > Defringe

Not always 100% successful but your situation is what its meant for.

Regards.
MrTom.

Awesome this is what i like about this great forum.Always helpful .OK i think pen tool and Defringe option is the best thing let me try it. Thanks a ton

Last edited:
Defringe would only work in this image if the the young boy had been isolated, removed from his background, and was on it's own layer. Otherwise, your just defringing the border of the image (as a whole) and it would have no effect on the haze at all.

Defringe would only work in this image if the the young boy had been isolated, removed from his background, and was on it's own layer. Otherwise, your just defringing the border of the image (as a whole) and it would have no effect on the haze at all.

IamSam u meane let me try the original image with Defringe?

Yes, if you have the boy separated from his background and on his own layer, then try the defringe on that layer only.

Sorry Zoe, I did not open the PSD. Let me take a look at it.

You have the right idea by using the masks, what method did you use to isolate the boy? Your problem is that you have to many masked layers. You really should only have one.

Defringing will NOT work!

You have the right idea by using the masks, what method did you use to isolate the boy? Your problem is that you have to many masked layers. You really should only have one.

Defringing will NOT work!

IamSam i used channels method Alpha channel and yes Defringe is not working.The reason for useing more images is i think after i done separation from the background some places are faded so i used some more layers

Last edited:
Sorry, I assumed the OP had already isolated the image from the background.

'Defringe' will only work with NO selection and not on a mask....it works on the 'edge' between visible pixels and transparent ones.

Sorry for any confusion caused.

Regards.
MrTom.

The faded areas are from the variations in gray on the mask which translate into transparency from the selection process. When using alpha channel separation in this case, there needs to be black and white only.

I suggest starting from scratch.
These gray areas will translate to transparency:
Screen Shot 2014-06-14 at 9.27.22 AM.png

Your alpha separation needs to look like this in order to avoid the "haze":
Screen Shot 2014-06-14 at 9.30.11 AM.png

I apologize but I have to run to work! Will be back later to help if no one else jumps in!

The faded areas are from the variations in gray on the mask which translate into transparency from the selection process. When using alpha channel separation in this case, there needs to be black and white only.

I suggest starting from scratch.
These gray areas will translate to transparency:
View attachment 46311

Your alpha separation needs to look like this in order to avoid the "haze":
View attachment 46312

I apologize but I have to run to work! Will be back later to help if no one else jumps in!

Sure IamSam am eagerly awaiting for you . I wana learn from the best . Sure ill wait for you.Also i would like to know step by step.

Regards
zoe

That doesn't look too bad.:)

Just a couple of areas of the mask that could use a tweak...

zoes.png

Use a soft, small brush, in black, and paint on the mask. Nothing major but why spoil the ship?

There's one more area too but I'll let you find that.

Regards.
MrTom.

Sorry, but I am still getting a lot of reflected green on the bat...I am looking at a trick ...I think Larry (ALB) passed this one on

http://phlearn.com/remove-anything-photo-photoshop

I did try this on the bat, it worked, but would be a lot of time for the whole image.

I might suggest start with a crisp black and white mask..then you can play with a hues adjustment of the green, I wish Tom Mann was in civilization, he always has those tricks!

Last edited:
That doesn't look too bad.:)

Just a couple of areas of the mask that could use a tweak...

View attachment 46315

Use a soft, small brush, in black, and paint on the mask. Nothing major but why spoil the ship?

There's one more area too but I'll let you find that.

Regards.
MrTom.

ok when i tried ill have this result.Seems i did some thing wrong.

Untitled-1.jpg

IamSam i used channels method Alpha channel and yes Defringe is not working.The reason for useing more images is i think after i done separation from the background some places are faded so i used some more layers

You need to get an all black and white mask..(just one is needed) If you click on your mask, then zoom in use a small brush and clean things up. I used the first .psd and never saw a crisp mask, if you want to put the original image up, and let us try a mask.

Mike, if you have the first PSD file Zoe posted, just delete all but the first layer. On the first layer, delete the mask and you will have the original.

Back