What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to reproduce this effect?

EdwardSharpen

How can I reproduce this effect in my image? The author of this work makes a depth effect on the edges very interesting, but I am quite inexperienced in Photoshop. I tried to use bevel and emboss, but I didn't get the same effect. Is it from some other Adobe program?

P.S.: My original language is not English, I'm using an automatic translator.

1660411640156.png1660411655216.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Edward and welcome to to the forum.

Are you referring to this effect? If so, this is done with a layer style "Bevel & Emboss" and "Stroke".

Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 11.05.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 11.05.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 11.28.46 AM.png

Just a note..........This B&E effect can also be done by hand, but it's a much more involved and difficult task!

EdwardSharpen

Hello Edward and welcome to to the forum.

Are you referring to this effect? If so, this is done with a layer style "Bevel & Emboss" and "Stroke".

View attachment 131961

View attachment 131962

View attachment 131963

Just a note..........This B&E effect can also be done by hand, but it's a much more involved and difficult task!
Yes, that was the effect I was talking about, thanks for the help. However, I notice that the edge of the effect has these two lines that look really cool, besides not getting so "blurry" done in the example you posted.

I tried to use the "chisel hard" and soften it, pleased me more, but it still did not look the same. Do you have any idea how the "two-line" effect can be done? Thank you.

Sem título.png

Sem título.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
However, I notice that the edge of the effect has these two lines that look really cool, besides not getting so "blurry" done in the example you posted.
As I stated, there are other ways to accomplish this effect.

You could use the outer selection combined with a reduced inner selection and the Brush Tool Tool to manually create the effect and sharpen up the edges.

Selections
Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 5.37.45 PM.png

Brush Tool work (on new layer)
Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 5.37.53 PM.png

Completed
Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 5.38.41 PM.png

You can duplicate the Brush Work layer and move it slightly...
Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 5.42.14 PM.png

Completed with "two lines"
Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 5.56.17 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The artist may have used some sort of specific plug-in to do this effect? Or some other way?
We can only guess. And my guess is that I don't know. You would have to ask artist.

Have you asked the artist?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If it was not done manually, it may have been a specific layer style that the artist created.

Remember, the bevel and emboss effect can be HIGHLY customized with the contour editor! So that's where I would suggest you start!
Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 6.11.24 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Also, you can stack layer styles! You can stack them and change their blending modes! The options and variables are almost endless!

You will just have to start experimenting!

I looked at his site. I see this effect you are asking about. I'm guessing he stacked layer styles.
Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 6.18.51 PM.png

EdwardSharpen

Also, you can stack layer styles! You can stack them and change their blending modes! The options and variables are almost endless!

You will just have to start experimenting!

I looked at his site. I see this effect you are asking about. I'm guessing he stacked layer styles.
View attachment 131993

Whoa, thank you so much for the guidance! I'll be back here soon if I can come up with an ideal solution!