What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To Reset Camera Calibration?

Amateur

Hi,

I was just testing on another photo to see what will happen if I were to increase the blue primary hue (see bottom right) on the camera calibration but then cancelled. Now everytime I open up a photo these reds colours appear. I pressed alt and reset but it does not disappear. I even opened up the side menu and clicked on "reset camera raw defaults" yet it's still there. How do I stop this from happening every time I open up a new photo and remove these red colours for good?

Help.jpg

Thanks

Turn off the indicators from within the histogram....there is one either side at the top....click the small 'up' arrow.

Regards.
MrToM.

Turn off the indicators from within the histogram....there is one either side at the top....click the small 'up' arrow.

Regards.
MrToM.

Typical Photoshop! Drives us completely insane when the solution is so simple.

ACR will show you highlight clipping (red) and shadow clipping (purple)

This is important information and you don't want to disable it.
In the Basic Tab you can adjust down Exposure, Highlights or Whites to eliminate the highlight clipping (red area)
In this particular case Highlights is probably the best choice.

If you see purple areas in ACR, that's shadow clipping.
Adjust up Exposure, Shadows, or Blacks to minimize the shadow clipping (purple area)

As to you're exact comment,

"How To Reset Camera Calibration?"
This has nothing to do with Camera Calibration.
So not sure what you mean.

Lets assume you have an image that you just opened in ACR that shows no clipping at all..
Any adjustment in ACR may cause highlight or shadow clipping.

When you're done with adjustments go back to the Basic tab and adjust any clipping as described in my previous message.

Back