What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to see actual 16-bit pixel values instead of 8-bit representation of 16-bit?

tex413

Hi,

I would like to see pixel values of 16-bit TIFF images in Photoshop CC2014. I'm able se 8-bit (0-255) pixel values using he histogram and info tabs but it seems that when 16-bit images are opened the pixel values are still displayed from 0-255.

I want to do to see this information for scientific purposes, not for typical photo editing. I've read many discussions about the practicality of editing 16-bit images but would like to avoid having my original question overrun by that discussion here. I am specifically looking for differences between pixels with more resolution than 8 bits.

I found one recommendation t check a box stating "show pixel values in 16-bit" or something like that but I have not yet been able to find the checkbox.

Thanks for any help.

MrToM

Guru
Click the small arrow next to the 'Eyedropper' in the INFO Panel....Choose 16bit.(Second from bottom)

16bit_values.png

Regards.
MrToM.