What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to sort Photoshop actions?

deni404

Hi guys,I just downloaded a bunch of actions and now my set is a mess.Is there a way to sort them somehow?do i have to do them manually one by one,or is there a quicker way,maybe a tool?Also is there a way I could preview them somehow?

MrToM

Guru
You can sort Actions or Sets by dragging, in a similar way as with layers and although I've never seen or heard of any automatic way to sort them that doesn't mean to say it cannot be done.

I doubt there is a script though as the action 'sets' are stored in .atn files which are not editable and manually sorting is not something that is recorded as an 'actionable' process.

As to previews, actions, being a list of instructions that are sequentially executed, cannot be 'previewed'. There isn't anything to see let alone preview until the action is completed.

Regards.
MrToM.