What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to turn on rounded rectangular marque tool?

Rhino1616

Hi,

Ive been trying to turn on the "rounded rectangle marquee" tool in PS 7, but all the ones I have listed in my tools palate are: rectangular, elliptical, single row, single coloumn marquee tools. Ive tried loading everthing & anything & nothing, and after that i went to PS 7 help files and it says it has this option under (image ready). Is "image ready" an additional software i need to add to get this rounded rectangular marquee tool to work. I just want to make a simple rounded cube.

Thanks

I don't think there is a rounded marquee selection tool. What you can do though is use the rounded marquee shape tool (it's below the T "text icon" on the tools pallete) and convert it into a selection in the paths pallete. I'd show you a screen shot, but I don't know how to do that yet. [shhh]

Rhino1616... refer to the image below.
pdog182 is correct... the "rounded rectangular" tool can be found as he/she described on your tools palette. ;) You mention that you don't have it and this comment in itself puzzles me. Do not confuse it with your "selection" (marquee) tools. Refer to my image below.

You may use it in any manner you desire (i.e. as a path, shape or fill pixel). Again, refer to the image to see where you would set the radius of your rounded corners.

pdog182: I'd show you a screen shot, but I don't know how to do that yet.
If you're using Windows, you should have a "print screen" option on your keyboard. Pressing this will take a 'snapshot' of your screen image and automatically paste it to your system's clipboard. In any program, such as Photoshop, Word, etc. when you open a new document and press the combination of Ctrl+V or use the Edit/Paste command, it will copy the clipboard contents. In Photoshop, your new canvas size will default to the "image" that you have pasted to the clipboard.

Thanks wbiss. You wouldn't believe how much time I spent looking for a command in PS to get a screen shot.

:) Glad to have been of help pdog182.

Back