What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How was this done

Jomodo

I am impressed by the style of the art inside the red circle behind the warrior in this picture.

samurai_by_baku_project-d71sshh.jpg

anybody know how the texture and color inside the circle can be achieved? the texture is also repeated in the rest of the picture, the color specially the moon looks amazing combined with that texture.

I am looking at it zoomed in and I don't feel the texture was applied as a filter to everything.

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul

Former Member
Looks a little bit like that was made using the craquelure filter in conjunction with stylize diffuse anisotropic filters maybe :cheesygrin:

shrkee.jpg That or hand drawn by a master:thumbsup:

Paul

Former Member
I remember Topaz having a filter that does something like that to?

Jomodo

Looks a little bit like that was made using the craquelure filter in conjunction with stylize diffuse anisotropic filters maybe :cheesygrin:

View attachment 64743 That or hand drawn by a master:thumbsup:

It is a filter but is very different :cheesygrin: the one I posted reminds of van gogh style, a bit different though.

I remember Topaz having a filter that does something like that to?

If this is the source then I am out of luck!

The guy also did not visit the site where I found the picture for many months, I can't ask him.

Thanks for your help Paul

Its not photoshop's "oil paint" filter?

I tried going through the filters I have in photoshop before I ask and after I asked, I have no oil paint filter...

revnart

Power User
It's not in every version of Photoshop, but as I remember it was available online to download and install.

gedstar

Guru
"I tried going through the filters I have in photoshop before I ask and after I asked, I have no oil paint filter..."

The oil paint filter was removed in Photoshop CC2014 and reintroduced in Photoshop CC2015

oilpaintfilter.jpg

Last edited:

Jomodo

It's not in every version of Photoshop, but as I remember it was available online to download and install.

I will look for that, thank you!

This is kind of a similar effect using a pattern overlay layer style with a red grunge texture and H/S adjustment layer

Before

After

With a moon added

Actually you're correct, good eyes, he used a Japan flag with grunge texture according to his description, didn't explain much more sadly.
Pattern overlay... I will keep that in mind
I will try to add oil paint filter to your image once I get it
Thanks a lot :)

Original image

Deasurated

Final result

View attachment 64758
Values for Oil filter

View attachment 64759
Layers

Thanks a lot for the detailed steps!
The final results looks nice, I tried the steps on my pc but I need the oil paint to see how it turns out.

"I tried going through the filters I have in photoshop before I ask and after I asked, I have no oil paint filter..."

The oil paint filter was removed in Photoshop CC2014 and reintroduced in Photoshop CC2015

Why would they do that...
Thanks for the tip! I'm reading about it online.