What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How was this done?

abe_iis

From THIS post.
Thank you for the great restoration effort, I only hoped that you would have provided us with the steps taken to reach this output, or a youtube video showing us how - I look forward to your feedback soon ;-)
Thank you,
Abe

Edit by @Babine
Boating.jpg

I used curves adjustment layers in Photoshop to neutralize the colour casts; i.e. set colour samplers on the areas that should be white and balance the RGB values; selected the sky and coloured it with a light blue gradient (forgot to mask out the bridge); added blue to the water by painting on a new layer in Colour Mode; same for the buildings and grass areas in the background; clouds/mist added with a soft cloud brush. In hindsight, I could have searched the net for a sailboat matching the position, warped it to fit and played with the layer opacity to replace the blown out whites.

Thank you for the great restoration effort, I only hoped that you would have provided us with the steps taken to reach this output, or a youtube video showing us how - I look forward to your feedback soon ;-)
Thank you,
Abe
I used curves adjustment layers in Photoshop to neutralize the colour casts; i.e. set colour samplers on the areas that should be white and balance the RGB values; selected the sky and coloured it with a light blue gradient (forgot to mask out the bridge); added blue to the water by painting on a new layer in Colour Mode; same for the buildings and grass areas in the background; clouds/mist added with a soft cloud brush. In hindsight, I could have searched the net for a sailboat matching the position, warped it to fit and played with the layer opacity to replace the blown out whites.
Thank You - that is an intense strategy and we all can see the results - I was hoping for a profile that I can use on similar photos without getting granular per picture process; do you think you can get a similar (close enough) result with a profile/process steps I can use on other similar pictures?

Thank you,
Abe

Thank You - that is an intense strategy and we all can see the results - I was hoping for a profile that I can use on similar photos without getting granular per picture process; do you think you can get a similar (close enough) result with a profile/process steps I can use on other similar pictures?

For my purposes and knowing that I had other pictures to match, I would experiment until I attained 'the look' then repeat the steps while recording to an action in Photoshop.
Have you looked through the numerous plug-in filters that are available. Topaz (Texture Effects for example), NIK, etc? Many have trial version at no cost. Have you tried searching Google as there are a lot of tutorials out there.

Good luck.

Back