What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How was this effect achieved?

aftershocks

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can give me the precise steps into achieving this photoshop effect...

I will show the before and after image so you all know what I'm talking about... It's two seperate images taken and are blended together... But I'm not sure how the artist "smudge" the background so it made it look like it's "water/mist" - where in reality, there is concrete and grass...

Please walk me through creating the smudge effect.

Please note the dis-alignment circled in red in the before picture. Artist used the smudge to cover up...

Your replies are greatly appreicated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 35
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 5
If you talking about removing that white shore part then it's probably done by Healing Brush Tool. And it's not done very carefully.

I can think of two ways to do that. First is to render clouds on another layer, blur the crap out of them, reduce opacity and mask them off except right there.

The second way would be to copy just that part, copy onto a new layer, and blur the crap out of it.

Not a hard effect - just lots of ways to achieve it it photoshop. :)

Thanks for your replies...

Sierraccr: by doing so, it's still possible to maintain the same colour?
SeniorS: not just the shoreline, but the the effect made it seem as though the people are standing in water...

im pretty sure as sierraccr said you beat the crap out of blur for that part with the water drop tool or you can use layer mask and duplicate the picture and missing around with curves and warmthening a picture (if that is even a work) any ways here is what you get im not the best out there im just a normal one this guy probably spent more time on it too

Attachments

• Before[1].jpg
    Before[1].jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 28
Well i did it by making a copy of original, then making a selection around the bottom of the dress only copying that as a new layer then pulling the bottom edge out a little, i left the sides as they was to show the overlap :)

On a side note: the 'original new version' still as green along the edge of the dress on the right?

Thanks for your replies...

Sierraccr: by doing so, it's still possible to maintain the same colour?

Certainly. If you use method #1 you can colorize the clouds. My preferred method would be #2. Make a copy, use a strong gaussian blur of just that piece, and mask off with a VERY soft brush anything that goes over the dress. Or put the figure over the shoreline part you blurred.

Back