What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How was this GIF created?

chrig

Could anyone tell me how the attached gif was created? I'm guessing from the way the shadow moves it's old fashioned time-lapse still shots? I'd imagine even the logistics of positioning & shooting this with consistent positioning would be tricky!

foil.gif

Hello and welcome to PSG.

As you stated, this is just old fashioned stop frame (still shots) animation made with a camera..........the lettering on the card is a dead give away. There are 16 simple frames. The movement is very precise and I'm not certain how that was accomplished. The lighting may have been enhanced with Ps.

You could simulate the effect in Ps with any image............the lighting changes on the lettering would be tricky.

Thanks for the welcome and confirming Sam - it was a coin toss whether it'd take more time rigging something up to allow precise positioning and photographing...or whether I could do it via PS, isolating the foil layer. I think it might be 6 and half a dozen, only the PS version probably wouldn't be as effective.

Any advice on creating a positioning widget welcome :unsure:

Back