What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am very new (5 minutes ago) and need advice.

yvonne1111

[
I have just purchased Corel x5 on ebay and found out later it wads the education version and not the commercial. I was told to get adobe but I liked Corel and was assured by a printing person that as long as I could convert to pdf files and that it had the Pantone colours, that I could do the logos (competitions or hopefully more)as I love the fonts, colours and form variations. What is the cheapest option for me? Can I upgrade to x5 comm from x5 student/education? Can I just buy an older x4 which will do the job (?).I have no training but will work hard at it. Can someone help, please? I am desperate, I am sorry to say.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Hi yvonne1111. Welcome to PSGurus.

We're mostly Photoshop guys but we help out anyone in anyway we can. Since you're already here, stick around... you may learn a bit about Photoshop to include the powerhouse in your arsenal oneday.

That will be up to you and your budget..... If you find the X5 upgrade to be cheaper, or getting the older X4.

Can't say much about X5 (I use X4) except that a lot of useful features n X4 was not included. I feel they may re-include them in future versions due to the outcry COREL received.

Hope this helps you decide.

Paul

Former Member
Looks!!!!

It is, and don't you forget it mate.

just playing - welcome and enjoy your stay here.