What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I basically fell into this

bsc11

Hi everybody, my name is Jason. I'm from New York. I'm into writing/reading, rap, mixed martial arts, & MMA wagering. Add Photoshop/PS study to the list.

6 weeks ago, I decided to make a few mixtapes. The way I wanted them demanded 2 weeks of cutting & editing things, and they turned out to be the only CD's of their kind for that artist, so I decided to sell them to my local shop and give them out to my friends and then share them on the internet.

But when they were finally (mostly) complete, I realized they were cover-less and that the quality of the tapes should match with that of the cover. So in a few weeks time I basically "fell" into music editing & graphic design. (Production would follow a month from then, ordered Pro Tools)

It took a few days but I made a solid first effort, initially I was happy with it but it didn't take long for that 5th grade art perfectionism of mine to revisit me so many years later - it was crap. And it is crap. There are so many beautiful covers online, I see no reason why I can't apply my minds image to reality.

So here I am, there's some :banghead: involved but I plan to make the reward well worth it.

hey, welcome :D
well i'm sure it isnt, and i'm sure someone here (even me if you want) could help you out a little :D
one rule of art is NEVER compare yourself to other artists.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I'll have to post-pad till I hit four so I could post links, so I'll name one of my favorite artists and one of my favorite fighters after this!

And Zeelax I don't think I compare in a self-undermining way; I just notice the features of the art and want the same and know there is nothing stopping me from having it but a little work.

I am planning to make my covers myself, i already made a stupid test thing but i think you should think the background away galaxis sign.jpg
btw: welcome!!

Back