What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got bored...

Moth

Power User
I really like the first pic. Nice layout. Technical can be a lot of fun.

The second pic is more dramatic but feels incomplete. Try putting something in the foreground. There is also a "jaggies" issue. This typically happens when you use the wave filter. Some careful blurring can correct this but be prepared to due some pixel level correction.

jonbalza

While I like some of the textures/colors you have going on in the second one, Moth is right about the jaggies in it.

The same goes for the first one as well. You are scaling up really small icons that should either be scaled up using the "Nearest Neighbor" method of interpolation, or not scaled up at all. The images lose so much information that it becomes distracting from the rest of the piece.

And I really don't understand a comment like, "don't care if you don't like 'em.." While art is definitely a personal experience, and can be very subjective at times - when you make a statement like that, how are we supposed to respond? Do we give you comments and critiques? Should we help you out with some technical issues that you clearly have? Should we even bother looking at them?

Maybe I'm reading too much into that statement, but if your work is only for you, and no one else - then why even post it on a board?

$.02

MindFreak

Your reading to much in it;) What I meant was that I don't care whether you like them or not. I just want to know, how I can maybe them better. That's it..

And I have no idea of what jaggies are:S explain? Ah.. think I know now;) heh..