What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need your opinion!

coral

hi every one
i want to know about your opinion of this picture and specially " the message of this picture " you get and please tell me how can i improve it to be better (changing colour or design and .....)
thank you
n11.jpg

n10.jpg

To be perfectly honest, this image is confusing to me if I try to find a message in it. Here are some of the things I observe:
  • The two men are identical. They’re the same person, or are meant to represent two different aspects of the same person.
  • The images are negatives, suggesting that each man is somehow the opposite of what he seems to be.
  • Everything is black & white except the heart, so the heart is important to the message. The heart image is then repeated two more times.
  • The man on the right is holding something that looks like he is pouring powder into his hand (this is easier to see if we invert the image).
  • The word Addiction is repeated many times.
If I try to put everything together, I see a man fighting against himself, possibly meaning that he is fighting against his own addictive personality(?) But it's not quite clear who is who. The man on the left looks very strong and healthy and he is kicking away the man on the right. But who is the man on the right? Is he the evil person offering drugs? Or is he a doctor (or an angel) in white robes offering medicine to cure the addiction, but the man on the left does not want to be cured? Whoever we think these people are, the fact that they are portrayed as negative images of themselves suggests that they may be the opposite of what we think.

Lastly, I don't know what the red heart and the other heart-shaped objects are doing here. We don't really need them to fit into the story I just told, but you went out of your way to emphasize the heart by making it the only thing with color and then by repeating it two more times. Obviously the heart is very important, but I'm not sure why.

Sorry if I sound harsh or overly critical. I'm just trying to be honest.

Rich

@Rich54 - That was a very good explanation. Thanks for sharing.

For me, there's simply not enough of a clear story being illustrated here. The image quality is poor and leaves far too much to interpretation as far as the content goes. It's not that I mind imagery that provokes thought, I just feel that if you have to put an excessive amount of thought into trying to figure out what the image is saying, then the artist has fallen a bit short. I really have no idea of what's going on in the image and I'm not comfortable speculating.

Having stated this, like Rich, I also concluded that this image had something to to with an addiction, maybe it was due to the watermarking of the upper image or the attempt at adding smoke and fire within the subject to the right. Is this Satan or as Rich suggests, a representation of himself? I'm not at all certain as to what the subject on the right is doing with his hands.

Also like Rich, I'm confused by the heart(s). Perhaps the addiction is ripping the heart from the subject on the left. Is the subject on the left holding his own heart? What's the second heart for?

Too many questions.

I also apologize for sounding harsh and critical. My advice would be to regroup and start again with a clear and well illustrated image. I'm not saying that your concept of demonstrating your idea is necessarily bad, it's the execution.

I'm also just trying to be honest.

Hi every one first of all thank you for all of your attentions and answers
i understand from your answers that i could send my message with this picture but not completely
for example the cigarette must be exaggerate to display sharpen it is falling down from the smoky body hand and i do not know how can i explain the story better in image?and how can i design this concept effective and beautiful with Photoshop tools.

you know these are two imaginary bodies of one person that one is smoky, shows the addicted person and the healthy body is the same person after exercise and doing sport to achieve his healthy life.
it shows that athlete body wants to get back his healthy heart by struggling with smoky part and avoiding smoking cigarette.
so bodies are suffered but one of them can gain improvement and recovery
"i remember some body said i do not want the heart which beats with drugs "
so i am looking forward to hear from you
thank you so much
yours sincerely