What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D IBL too large

elochai

Hi,

I'm currently working on a 3D Project in PS CC and can't handle some issues with the IBL. The IBL is extremley large compared to my project settings (about 1400px x 900px). I had this problem before and I was albe to solve it by ungrouping some 3D objects, but this is not the case anymore. Every single spot of the default IBL is larger than the whole scene. This is realy annoying after so many hours of work...

I added a screenshot, where I zoomed out to about 4% to see the whole IBL.

Each kind of help is appreciated! :rolleyes:

img_issue.jpg

hawkeye

Guru
You can edit the IBL and change to any size you need, Choose edit texture from the drop down.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 24

elochai

Thanks for the information. I've already tried to resize it, but the result was just a blured version of the old IBL
img_issue2.jpg
IBL-size: 87px x 43px

I've no idea, how to solve this...in new projects the IBL looks fine. And I never resized the image, if this could have caused the problem...:sad:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You could try this...........

Open the original image you used for the IBL.
Edit the original to make it smaller.

I the 3D guitar document, remove or replace the current IBL.
Add back the new edited (smaller) version of the image your using for the IBL.

elochai

I tried your idea, but it didn't solve the problem. I made a new IBL image (about 150px x 90px), removed the IBL which was in use and loaded the new one. But like I said, the problem is still there...

Maybe someone of you could take a closer look on this, by opening my psd-file. I uploaded it for you ("just" a private project).

guitar3d.psd

elochai

I found the solution, the problem was the orthogonal-mode of the 3d camera. This caused the large IBL.