What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iGoogle

hawkeye

Guru
Am I the only one who hates iGoogle being discontinued? Besides missing the convenience of the things on iGoogle, clock, weather, headlines, currency calculator, etc., it's now just blank except for the search box in the middle. On my 27" monitor that huge expanse of white is almost blinding.

ineverused it myself:mrgreen:

All the apps etc. they talk about are for the desktop and not for search engines. Google just wants everyone to use Chrome which I tried once and didn't like. I really liked iGoogle and found it very useful, but it's gone.

It's an ever changing world, including iGoogle.ever use Bing?

I've used Bing but it doesn't offer the gadgets. There is at least a picture on the Bing page and not just a huge field of white, but that's all. I liked having the headlines from various news sources and others like Huffington Post, the clock and other gadgets that I used frequently. I just found it all very useful, but it's gone so I have to just get over it or try Chrome again.

My browser opens with safari, I pretty much stay with that, I have customized it with news folders graphics folders sports folder anything that I like to surf

I've been using Yahoo lately and they do have something like the old iGoogle although it's not quite the same, but it's better than just that huge white blank Google screen.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 1
  • ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 0
I did like the iGoogle gadgets. I didn't use them much but they were there and I like a few gadgets. I was sorry that Win 7 did away with them I liked having the clock, the weather, and a few other gadgets. I'm not real big on this stuff, so I'm adjusted fine, lol, but I think it was a bad move for both of them to remove the option.

I like Chrome and don't want to switch. I use Firefox occasionally but it's not much to my liking. Not having a mac anymore, no safari.; nothing special about it anyway.

Back