What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm looking for a Cover ActionScript for iPhone cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric007

Hello everybody :)

(sorry for my english)
I'm looking for an actionscript which could be able to cover a iPhone (4, 5, 6 and 6+) automaticly with the borders.
I saw this video but it's only in 2D : youtube.com/watch?v=Z3umqRvi3CA
I've also saw that a lot of software do this kind of coverage but only for ebooks or some things like that but not iPhone cases.

Do you know where can I find a good actionscript to cover some 3D iPhone cases (free or pay) ?

Thank you very much.
Have a good day

Eric007

Hi dv8_fx,
thank you for your help.

That's not what I'm looking for, but it's interesting, thank you again.

OK... I will try to be understand much better.

I would like to sell iPhone cases. I have pictures that I will print on the iPhone cases.

But in order to sell it, I need to create beautiful pictures. I would like to create this kind of pictures : i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxNjAw/z/qRUAAOSwmUdUXCNV/$_57.JPG

I have a lot of pictures which are in 2D and I would like to create pictures in 3D (like the link above). So, I'm looking for an actionscript which will be able to "generate" pictures in 3D.

You know what I mean ?

In fact, I would like to do something like this website propose : coveractionpro.com but with iPhone cases.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No more details required. I'm afraid you will have to make your own template, it's actually very easy.

Tom Mann

Guru
When u say u have 2d pix, but u want to make them 3D, do u mean that u want them to appear to wrap around the edges of the case, and then their shape transformed to simulate 3D perspective of the front and various sides?

Tom M

Last edited:

Eric007

When u say u have 2d pix, but u want to make them 3D, do u mean that u want them to appear to wrap around the edges of the case, and then their shape transformed to simulate 3D perspective of the front and various sides?

Tom M

That's what I would like to do (but automaticly with a script because I have a lot of iphone case to do):
3225812Dto3D.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Your 3D example is of an actual photo of a phone. You then removed some texture from the phone to use as your 2D example.

[highlight]I understand your trying to make a point. What your not understanding is that we know what you want, at least I do.[/highlight]

In order for a 2D image to be (simulated) wrapped around another 2D object within an image to appear 3D, you will have to use some type of displacement mapping.

I'm currently not aware of any actions to do this automatically for you. You will have to make your own template and action or have it made for you.

Tom Mann

Guru
Sam, unfortunately, I think that a displacement map technique would have great difficulty simulating a pattern that wrapped 90 degrees around (say) the side and top of the iPhone case/cover. That is why I suggested what amounts to a technique typically used for gallery wraps in my previous post.

Here is a nice photo of an automated gallery wrap, as done by a commercial plugin:
http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/resize9/ (scroll about half way down the page - right above "Batch Processing" and the "30 day free trial" sections).

There are many actions and free software that could do this for him. Any of these would quickly prepare his images for printing. It's nothing more than mirroring a bit of each edge of the original image.

After that, if the OP want's to have the above result look like it really is wrapped around something, then PS's 3D perspective / transform tools should get him the rest of the way.

Tom

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Tom, I understand what your saying here and in your last post. No need to explain yourself any further.

Tom said:
There are many actions and free software that could do this for him. Any of these would quickly prepare his images for printing. It's nothing more than mirroring a bit of each edge of the original image.

Please provide us some links to these actions and or free software.

Tom Mann

Guru
Unfortunately, at the moment, I just don't have the time to put a tutorial together myself for the OP, but there are many, very relevant tuts available on the web.

As I mentioned earlier, I see his project as consisting of two parts:

(a) preparing the photograph for wrapping by mirroring the edges; and,

(b) doing the 3d perspective warping to make it look like the sides are bent around the edges.

For (a), one can Google {photoshop gallery wrap action }, and you'll see a large number of actions to mirror a bit of each edge to prepare an image to become a gallery wrap. Many of these actions are free.

As an aside, FWIW, a pleasant surprise was that the 3rd hit produced by the above search, http://www.studiozap.com/goodies/ , seems to do both (a) and (b), ie, exactly what the OP asked for.

OTOH, should one want to do (a) for themselves, here's what one is trying to achieve in this step:
http://digilabspro.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/gallery-wrap-flat-circle.jpg

Google {photoshop gallery wrap tutorial} for to fill in the details.

-----

For (b), the second part, the perspective adjustments can be done using nothing more than the native "cntrl-T" transform tool, but it's huge time-saver for the OP to learn Photoshop's 3D tools. Here are some links:

http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/photoshop/3d-perspective-vanishing-point-in-photoshop-cs5 (Vanishing point, setting up the needed 3d planes to be simulated, etc.)

http://www.creativebloq.com/photoshop/how-use-perspective-crop-tool-6133330 (Perspective crop tool - very useful);

http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/a-basic-guide-to-photoshops-3d-tools--psd-6042 (Lighting, surface properties, viewing/camera position, etc.)

--------
And finally, here is a set of actions that do much of the above:

http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/create-a-3d-software-box-in-photoshop-using-actions--psd-11009

HTH,

Tom M

Eric007

Hello,
thank you very much for all your help ! :)

Like I'm not a very good user of Photoshop, I'm wondering if someone would be able to do that for me and how much it costs to me ?
For the moment I'm looking for an action script for iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus gabarit.

colleague

Guru
maybe a mod can move the thread to freelance

I would be interested if this example is good enough

Attachments

• iphonecase9.jpg
    iphonecase9.jpg
    526 KB · Views: 4

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Hello,
thank you very much for all your help ! :)

Like I'm not a very good user of Photoshop, I'm wondering if someone would be able to do that for me and how much it costs to me ?
For the moment I'm looking for an action script for iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus gabarit.
@Eric007...

In order for you to get the best design work with no hassle on your part, I've moved this to freelance so interested individuals can contact you.

Please bear in mind to deal with qualified PSG freelancers only.

Eric007

In order for you to get the best design work with no hassle on your part, I've moved this to freelance so interested individuals can contact you.
Thank you.

I would be interested if this example is good enough
I would like this kind of view :
border shown.jpg
Are you wallon or flamand ? ;)

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
No activity since 11-16-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.