What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image help request

Doc

I have not had any success trying to create a 'movie can' image. My idea is to have one lying on a table that you can click on to view a small movie. (you'll see the table I mean at the link below)

Ideally, I'd like an image I can 'stack' to create multiple links with and with an edge I can add the movie title.

Here's the link with the table I'm referring to:
http://www.glewis.net/debriefing_room.shtml
If you click on the movie screen in the back, you can view one of my movies.

BTW, I now have 54 songs on my jukebox and have sorted out the problems with those of you that couldn't listen to the music if you have a clean install of Windows XP and SP1...just click on the jukebox image on the same page link above.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated...and I hope you enjoy the music (and the movie). [excited]

Doc

G

Hi Doc, tested out the songs and they all work now on my XP SP1, well done :perfect:

intlowner

Amazing stuff there and works great over here. Great work! :)

Wish I could help u out with the movie can render, but I'm still an amateur. At any rate, I love the music!

wbiss

Guru
Hey Doc how about stacking old movie reels? Just a thought... [confused]

Yes, I love the "golden oldies" and have B/M'd your midi page! :perfect:
Tunes are great!

Doc

I'd love to use 'stacked movie reels' but I haven't found a decent image that I could use for that yet...besides, I'd like to include a label showing the movie title on the side.

Here's what I have so far. It's a cut down image of a larger metal can.
tincan.gif

Graphically, it seems creating a cylinder is not so easy...at least not for me. Any tutorials out there you might be aware of? I could probably use the image above but am having trouble getting a label to have the same curved shape.

Glad you like the music...I think I was born a few years too early sometimes.

BTW, no comments on the movie yet...I think you'll like it [confused]

Doc

Doc

Well, I found the perfect solution to my quest for movie reels. If you click on my link below, you can see what I came up with.

I have three movies set up so far. These are cartoons from WWII. The first is Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd and Porky Pig selling war bonds. The other two features Private Snafu starring in Army Training Films.

These are pretty large files so...If you have a slow connection like I do, you can right click on a movie title, then select 'save target as' to download to your computer.

http://www.glewis.net/media.htm

Hope you enjoy them.

Happy Holidays

Doc

AppleCider

Power User
Very very nice, Doc!

I had seen your question before, but although I worked in a movie theatre years ago and had seen "movie cans" many times, I couldn't remember exactly what they looked like! And, as the theatre's manager, I was in the projection room at times; your image looks a lot like it!

wbiss

Guru
Great job Doc! :perfect:

Doc

I now have seven movies up for your viewing pleasure. These are all cartoons produced during the war years (WWII that is). The prejudices of that time are very apparent in more than one of these cartoons. Please take these in their historical context.

Enjoy:

http://www.glewis.net/media.htm

Doc

wbiss

Guru
;) Good stuff, Doc!

Caught up in Nostalgia - what a treat!

Hi Doc,
Very unique site, good execution. I especially like using the dramatic photo to intro your songs, movies. Adds tremendous mood. Nice.

IMHO -- Worth all the effort it took to get the "right" movie can. Good work Doc. Hope you become a regular on this board ;)

Joyful