What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image Mode Blanked Out?

Hi there,

I've been working on a background for my school's announcement TV, and everything has been working fine, until recently when I discovered I couldn't use colours anymore. That probably sounds weird, but every time I either use the eyedropper tool, or actually put in the RGB values myself, the colour output is just grey. I opened up the colour window, and to my surprise the only value available to change was K (out of CMYK I'm assuming, which would explain why all my colours are variations of grey). Screenshot: 1V7VZyP.png

The obvious solution to this is to change the image mode back to RGB, but when I went to the image menu, I found that Mode was blanked out. Screenshot: CkYUCRK.png

I reopened Photoshop and the problem persisted, but when I tried creating a new document, it was fixed. This leads me to believe it is a problem with my current file, but I have no idea how to fix it. I have nothing selected, and I can not think of anything that would cause this, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tristan

PS. Sorry for the ugly screenshots but as I am a new account I cannot post links yet

maybe you hit "Q" on your keyboard and you are in quickmask-mode , than you have to press "Q" again to become standard-mode

Back