What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image restoration.

RTContent

Power User
Hey guys. I'm back! Sorry I haven't been on in a while but I've been pretty busy.

Anyway, I just did my first image restoration and I was hoping for some feedback, advice and any techniques you can share.

final-low.jpg

Thanks,
R

rufinatti

Power User
I'm too new at this stuff to be offering advice myself; but I will say good job!! I like what you've done. A marked improvement from the scratched original.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Good job overall, but you need to work on the sharpening. The little girls face in particular.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I agree. Good work so far. Just keep going. Zoom in a that photo. Make it a smart object. Apply a smart or unsharp mask sharpen and if needed, use the filter mask to remove the sharpening.

Enlarge it and look it over carefully. I think it needs more contrast via a lveles or curves adjustment. IMHO. :mrgreen:

Nice to see you again. Missed your work. I still have your avatar in my downloads. Would love to use it in Avatar Wars! Happy New Year BTW.

RTContent

Power User
Thanks for your replies and advice everyone.

I'm not sure how Avatar Wars works Clare, but you're welcome to do what you like with it. :)

ibclare

Queen Bee
Well, the usual expectation is that you show your face/avatar on Avatar Wars and make a comment. At least. Then we tear into your avatar! :rofl:

ruberman

Agree with everyone else, restoration is great, just needs a bit more sharpening as the original looks a tad more sharp.

raid2506

Hi RTContent, if you let me have a copy of the original I'll restore it my way and you can compare the finished images.

May give you some ideas about your process.

RTContent

Power User
Hi RTContent, if you let me have a copy of the original I'll restore it my way and you can compare the finished images.

May give you some ideas about your process.

Perhaps you could just tell me what 'your way' might entail. I'd rather have advice about techniques and the process involved than just seeing a final image.