What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Image size resolution issue when enlarged

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESRO2

Hello all. Can someone please help me change the resolution of this pic if possible? I've tried my best but I just can't figure it out. We want to make this into a canvas for a friend's wedding and the require a size of 1600 x 1200. Thank you in advance for your assistance!
GREENE700841_1835721026658346_4222781685417329592_o.jpg

polarwoc

Guru
@fogo00 That is a job well done. What adjustments/filters did you apply besides setting image dimensions? I notice all specks and dots smoothed off on your image and the colours filter out well.

fogo00

Power User
@fogo00 That is a job well done. What adjustments/filters did you apply besides setting image dimensions? I notice all specks and dots smoothed off on your image and the colours filter out well.
i duplicated the layer and used a surface blur on a radius of like 12 and blurred out the objects/characers (but still keeping the edges intact) and then set that layer to color. next, i duplicated the original layer again, set it to luminosity and did another surface blur of like 8 radius and i also reduced the other setting (cant remember exactly how much) to get rid of all the noise and JPEG artifacts. next, i duplicated the luminosity layer, set it's saturation to 0, applied high pass on a low setting and put the layer on overlay to sharpen the image, mainly the lines, without having sharpen artifacts. After that, I just added some contrast using a curves adjustment layer set to luminosity and added some vibrance/saturation to bring the color back
Hope I explained it well

Status
Not open for further replies.