What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Images disappearing on Photoshop

asuss

Been using photoshop forever and never seen this before - after bringing up my images on Photoshop, if i move the image anywhere on the screen, that image will suddenly disappear!! the frame with rulers will remain, but the box is completely see-thru (LOOK AT ATTACHED IMAGE TO SEE WHAT I MEAN)
it doesnt happen every time but definitely 75% of the time. it just started a few days ago and i uninstalled & reinstalled it and it still does it.
Ive never ever seen this before. has anyone seen this and possibly know how to fix it?
please help if you can and thanks in advance for your interest. ScreenHunter 01.png

tried it about 20 times and it only asks if "i want to allow this app to make changes to this device" and i click yes and nothing else happens. But its not asking me if i want to delete any "current settings" in preferences or anywhere else.

ok, i got it finally. i reset all preferences. now ill just have to try it out over the next day or two and see if it happens again - it doesnt happen every time. ill keep you posted if it was a success or not.
thanks so much.

Ugh! Unfortunately, it is still happening. Anyone have some other ideas? I've never even seen this before so I don't even know what it could be attributed to

That could be a video card driver problem. See if there is an updated driver.

In the meantime see if turning off OpenGL in Photoshop preferences > performance makes any difference.

i turned off the OpenGL and that really seems to be working now. been 5 days and no problems.
i think its fixed. thanks everyone!!!!!!

Back