What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoration Improving a very low resolution image

feritcik

Hi. Again me. I hope you are fine. I have an old childhood photo, but I'm having a hard time fixing it. There were red-green pixels in the picture before, but luckily I fixed it using the FFT plugin (with the help of a friend on the forum). But right now I have a pretty blurry picture. Although I scaled the "Image Size" setting with "Preserve Details 2.0" in Photoshop, I could not get much result. I also tried to recover the image via Remini (AI) but I guess the AI isn't that advanced yet because the results were awful. I think the light hitting the face from the left side causes the artificial intelligence to see it as a void. I'll leave the full picture below. At the very least, I want the details to be clear. But I can't do this with my own photoshop knowledge. I hope you can help.

sc23.png

Details are lost - image is very blurry. Did what I could using Topaz Gigapixel and keeping image small enough to post.
Do you have the original before you did any work to it?

vintage.jpg

Hi @feritcik
I used the FFT and then some techniques that I mentioned before to fool the ey to make it look a tad sharper.
I could not make it better with my skills
John Wheeler

Remove-repeating-pattern.jpg

Back