What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In quite desperate need of help - file type issue

Beany

Hello, I've spent a couple of hours doing a piece of work and I fear I've ruined it all by making a very stupid mistake; I named the file 'AaronMk.II' which was my name followed by an abbreviation of Mark 2.
Anyway, Photoshop has interpreted the '.II' as a file type which obviously isn't correct. As such it will no longer open in any software. Thankfully bridge still recognises it as being a picture - it shows dimensional information and whatnot - but it neither shows a thumbnail nor opens.
I've tried altering the file type but just renaming the document but it didn't work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Unless the file is corrupted renaming it with the proper file type should work. Remove the .II and rename to the proper file type.

I just tried renaming it in Bridge instead of through windows explorer and It's now working again. Lol, stupid mistake, easy fix. Thanks for the help I can relax now.

Congratulation, you solved by yourself!

But if you want to change extension by windows explorer you should go Tools/Folder Options and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types". But all that .jpg .tif can bother.

Back