What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

InDesign: Silver PMS 877 Duotone with Blue PMS Overlay

WookieShan

Hi guys, long-time PS user and lurker, 1st time poster...

I'm working on a cover for an Annual Report project and have an image which needs to be a metallic duotone [I'm using 877 and Black] - but I have a specific area of the image where I need a third PMS blue to overlay / mix, in 3 specific, cleanly delineated areas.

I'm unsure how to proceed. I added the ares as a spot channel over the Duo, but Indesign then just rejects the image and I can't save it as a DCS or EPS or anything useful.

If I tri-tone it, then the WHOLE image receives the blue, which I don't want at all.

Any ideas?

JJLAPIN

Guru
If you could Post the image it will give us a better idea of what your trying to do.
Is this going to be Digitally printed or Offset printed? If it is Offset you are going to have Trapping issues with the 877.

WookieShan

Here you go - what it's supposed to look like. The most of it would be built from 877 & BLACK. The 3 blue ballbearings I'm hoping to build out of 877, Black and PMS 7689.

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 11.30.01 AM.png

JJLAPIN

Guru
Here is one with the Blue Boosted. Select Spot Color and used Curves to adjust.

Attachments

• Orb_1.psd
    14 MB · Views: 2

WookieShan

Here is one with the Blue Boosted. Select Spot Color and used Curves to adjust.
Dude thanks - I'll have a look and digest. It's definitely printing litho BTW - can't do this digital. Would be a lot easier, but not the same results...

Thanks again.