What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

INFO Tab/Window is No Longer 'Realtime'

rimshotgraphix

hi experts!

let me explain:

when creating spot channels in PS 2021, i often cruise my mouse over the negative space areas to make sure there are no areas too light to detect. (because for screen printing flat/linework spot colors, i am going for 100% and 0% In other words, i will float my mouse over the white area and consult the Info Tab to make sure there are no areas of 1 or 2%.

in all previous versions of PS, this info was immediate/real time. -now i have a half second lag. You may say: "big deal!"...but when you are scanning the whole file, it adds up!

i have included my performance settings here if you think that may be the culprit.

i realize a workaround is doing curves or levels, but this is my quickest workflow, and i would like to keep it. THX in advance!

windows 10

ps 22.4.2 2.........

Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-1290P CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB

11111111111111111111111111111.jpg

Have you ever tried to deactivate the graphics processor support (do not forget to confirm) and then reactivate the support (also comfirm)?

Sometimes Photoshop hangs when you are logged in...

thank you, thank you!
i tried the turning off and turning back on graphics support and although it's not 'real-time' like it used to be, it is SO much faster.

i will try your logging off trick next.

the logging off did not help, but i took your suggestions one step further and put the settings to 'normal' w/ the graphics processor (from 'Advanced') and it speeded it up a little more. again, thank you.

Back