What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ink sketch for large image

sveta

Does photoshop have an ink sketch feature effect, where with the click of a button a pic is made to look like an ink sketch? I've done this with paint.net, but found it only works well on small images 800x600. Quality is much worse on large images.

I have an image 5184x3456 that I want to use ink sketch on.
Does photoshop work better on small images, or equally well on large ones?

Thank you

Hello and welcome to PSG.

Does photoshop have an ink sketch feature effect, where with the click of a button a pic is made to look like an ink sketch?
This depends on your idea of an ink sketch. Can you post an example of what you call an ink sketch?

thanks for the reply- 1st pic is the original pic (smaller size)
2nd pic is the "ink sketch" of it taken from full size pic
3rd pic is the "ink sketch" taken from the reduced size original- this is the best, but haven't been able to reproduce this look on the full size original pic

s   mall image.jpg

x reduced from large inksketch poor.jpg

xbestsmall.jpg

Here are 2 filters from Ps.

Ink Outlines
InkOutlines_01.jpg

Paint Daubs
InkOutlines_02.jpg

thanks for that-lettering on the 2nd one is very cool
I did not do anything?

Does photoshop have an ink sketch feature effect, where with the click of a button a pic is made to look like an ink sketch?
I simply answered your question by showing you two different filter effects that could be similar to your example.

Where you asking to have the effects done for you? Or, are you asking IF they can be done in Ps?

I have an image 5184x3456 that I want to use ink sketch on.
Does photoshop work better on small images, or equally well on large ones?
Ps works fine on any size image.

Back